I’m obsessed with crystals and have been for the majority of my life, collecting, wearing and using them all the way back into my early teenage years..I cant pin point exactly the moment I first connected with the mineral kingdom, but I do know this love and fascination started back when I was a toddler, getting my first opal drop as a birthday necklace..
Now a days its quite trendy to be into crystals, drenched in their entirety and beauty..Every where you look they are making their way into mainstream life, offering up some powerful intention and manifestations for our mind, body, spirit and environment for our over all health and benefit..You can even shop for them now a days at “home goods” finding some really great pieces and specimens if you know what your looking for, or not..
I see a lot of alternative communities (outside the new age movement) incorporating them into their practices, offering up their source of light as a healing modality for the mind body spirit connection..They are wonderful conduit for healing practices, meditation, deep conversation, and circle magic when working within a sacred space to unify and heal with its intended purpose..
I think there is a lot to be said about the mineral kingdom and these magical rocks and gems that are literally grown and produced by none other than the earth itself..It can be quite intimidating when wanting to get into the realm of crystals as there are so many just to choose from, along with all the splendid different colors and varieties as well..
Here’s my top 5 tips on how to go about choosing a crystal and discovering the magic within..
- once you do the research to find a place that carries crystals and minerals in your area, do yourself a favor and go to the shop so you can hands on see what it is your looking for..Im all about online shopping, however if your unfamiliar with the rock, mineral and crystal kingdom, you might want use the human senses as a tool in choosing what is going to “feel” right for you..Sometimes what we think and believe we want ends up being different to what the crystals have in store, calling to us in an energetic whisper to get your attention..
- Try to first see if they have the crystal you are drawn too in an untumbled form (their natural state) so you can feel the overall vibration and energy of the crystal..tumbled stones are wonderful to carry, make elixir with or grid with, however they might not be as energetic in your hand the way a specimen might be in their untouched and natural form and that’s where a lot of the magic happens..
- Do yourself the favor by NOT reading all about the stones you think you want prior to your crystal shopping trip..By allowing your body the ability to really feel its crystal message, you begin to use your intuition and insight that isn’t preset by someone elses information of the stone..take in the vibration and notice how you feel and your body reacts when being in its vibration state..you are forming with your body a connection to the crystal body which is essential when working with them and learning the ins and outs of their specific qualities..
- sometimes beauty is solely in the eye of the beholder..I love shiny shimmery things and sometimes that is the farthest from what we all need at times..We are naturally attracted to the things we need most to work on and sometimes those things happen to come wrapped unattractive to us..All im asking is that you give something the chance that you feel connected to that you think is ugly and don’t want it because of its looks..you might be surprised at how crystal love evolves and your idea about looks and appearance might change..
- Have fun with it and don’t be so dramatic and serious..I can name 5 different crystals off the top of my head that are for the same healing modality and look entirely different..Just like our human specie, the mineral kingdom is just as vast if not more infinite and beautiful offering you up some of the most illuminate specimens imaginable..There is a natural magnetic pull and attraction making you want more and more as you move along this path, so if you don’t get what you think you need now, it will show up in the future when the timing is divine!!!Happy crystal shopping! peace love faith hope ❤ ❤ ❤